The contact information for FedEx is:
FedEx Cross Border Holdings, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
6075 Poplar Avenue, Ste 300
Memphis, TN 38119
United States of America
This Privacy Notice answers the following questions:
- Does this Privacy Notice apply to you?
- What information does FedEx collect?
- Why does FedEx process personal data?
- Who has access to your personal data?
- How long will FedEx keep your personal data?
- What measures does FedEx take to protect your personal data?
- Where does FedEx store and transfer your personal data?
- What rights can you exercise in relation to your personal data?
- What if you have other questions or complaints?
- Will there be updates to this Privacy Notice?
- Does this Privacy Notice apply to you?
- What information does FedEx collect?
This Privacy Notice applies to you if you are a customer of FedEx, a user of the FedEx services, including international check out and shipping services provided on merchant sites, a recipient of a package delivered by FedEx, a supplier of FedEx, or if you contact FedEx, for instance by applying for a position with FedEx, by visiting www.fedex.com, using social media or if you receive emails from FedEx.
Our websites are for a general audience and not geared toward children. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Data from children under age 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not submit any Personal Data to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you. If you believe your child may have disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove it if required.
In the course of its business activities and providing the services, FedEx will need to process personal data. "Personal Data" is any information that can directly or indirectly be used to identify a natural person. You provide most of your Personal Data directly to FedEx or its third party service providers, for instance:
- Contact information. Such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
- Financial information. Such as your bank account number, payment status and invoices;
- Identification information.Such as your driver's license number;
- Account information. Log-in details, including your email address and password, and other information provided in your account;
- Information related to shipment and services. Such as shipment tracking number, shipment routing information, location data, status of a shipment, delivery location, packaging type, number of pieces, weight, picture of the parcel and customs information;
- User and preference information. Such as shipping amounts, complaints, history of purchases and related commercial activities, communication, survey information and shopping preferences.
In addition, FedEx may obtain Personal Data automatically when you visit the FedEx website (www.fedex.com) or any of its subpages.
Personal Data shall be collected, used, stored or otherwise processed if necessary within the framework of responsible, efficient and effective business management of FedEx. We process Personal Data because it is necessary to perform our contractual obligations with you, or it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations, or for other legitimate business interests of FedEx to provide quality and secure services. More specifically, FedEx uses Personal Data for the following activities
- Product development, research and improvement of FedEx products and/or services. FedEx processes Personal Data as necessary for the development and improvement of FedEx products and/or services, research and development.
- Performing agreements. This includes tracking FedEx services, communication with individuals and other parties regarding services, responding to requests for (further) information, dispute resolution and preparing agreements.
- Facilitating Cross Border Merchant Checkout. If you opt-in for the FedEx Cross Border Remember Me service, FedEx and its service providers will save your basic checkout information, such as name, telephone number, billing address and shipping address, shipping preferences and payment information, as well as browser or other device identifiers, to streamline your checkout process at the same or other Remember Me participant merchant sites.
- Relationship management and marketing for commercial activities. FedEx may process Personal Data as necessary for the development and improvement of FedEx products and/or services, account management, client services and the performance of (targeted) marketing activities in order to establish a relationship with a client and/or maintaining as well as extending a relationship with a client, business partner or supplier and for performing analyses with respect to Personal Data for statistical and scientific purposes.
- Emails: For your email preferences, visit the Email Preference Center.
- Mobile: To opt out for mobile, text STOP to 37473. You can always opt back in by texting YES to the same number.
- Cookies and other technologies: To opt out of advertising, visit NAI Consumer Opt Out.
- Business process execution, internal management and management reporting. This includes addressing activities such as managing company assets, conducting internal audits and investigations, finance and accounting, implementing business controls, provision of central processing facilities for efficiency purposes, managing mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and processing Personal Data for management reporting and analysis.
- Safety and security. Personal Data may be included in the processing for activities such as those involving safety and health, the protection of FedEx and customer, supplier or business partner assets and the authentication of customer, supplier or business partner status and access rights.
- Protecting the vital interests of individuals. This includes processing data when necessary to protect the vital interests of an individual (e.g., for urgent medical reasons).
- Compliance with legal obligations. This addresses the processing of Personal Data as necessary for compliance with laws, regulations and sector specific guidelines to which FedEx is subject (e.g., matching names of clients, suppliers and business partners against denied parties’ lists).
You can manage your accounts with FedEx through the following.
FedEx may share your Personal Data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- FedEx may share your Personal Data with its affiliates, operating groups, subsidiaries and divisions, or with third parties if such is necessary for the purposes as listed above. If appropriate, FedEx will require third parties to conduct activities in a manner consistent with FedEx policies and guidelines in relation to data protection.
- FedEx may share your Personal Data with data processors, i.e. parties processing Personal Data on our behalf, such as our payment card processors that support our check out functions by processing all payment card transactions on our behalf. In such cases, these third parties may only use your Personal Data for the purposes described above and only in accordance with our instructions. FedEx will only use processors that provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures and ensure the protection of the rights of data subjects.
- FedEx employees may have access to your Personal Data if necessary for the performance of their tasks. In such a case, access will be granted only if necessary for the purposes described above and only if the employee is bound by confidentiality.
- FedEx may share your Personal Data if required to do so by law, court order, or other legal process, for example, with law enforcement agencies or other governmental agencies, to establish or exercise our legal rights or in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divesture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
FedEx retains your Personal Data for a limited amount of time and will delete your Personal Data after it is no longer necessary for the purposes of the processing. The exact period of time is based on the type of the Personal Data and the legal obligations or business purposes for retaining it.
FedEx has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful processing, including by ensuring that:
- your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access;
- the confidentiality of your Personal Data is assured;
- the integrity and availability of your Personal Data will be maintained;
- personnel is trained in information security requirements; and
- actual or suspected data breaches are reported in accordance with applicable law.
Due to the nature of our business and the services we provide to our clients, FedEx may need to transfer your Personal Data to locations outside the country where you reside. In any case where we transfer Personal Data, FedEx shall ensure that such a transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards.
For the European Union, such transfers to third parties will be governed by a transfer mechanism approved by the European Commission or national data protection authorities, including model contractual clauses. For more detailed information about these safeguards, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on the law applicable to the use of your Personal Data, you have rights in relation to your Personal Data. Note that we are not required to fully comply with your request in some cases, since we have to balance your rights against our rights and obligations to process your Personal Data and to protect the rights and freedoms of others. A number of the rights, you have in relation to your Personal Data, as may be applicable in the European Union, are explained below.
Right of access
You are entitled to a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to learn details about how we use it. Your Personal Data will usually be provided to you digitally.
Right to rectification
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and complete. However, if you believe this is not the case, you can ask us to update or amend it.
Right to erasure
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data; for example, where the Personal Data we collected is no longer necessary for the original purpose, where Personal Data has become obsolete or where you withdraw your consent. However, we will need to balance this against other factors. For example, we may not be able comply with your request due to certain legal or regulatory obligations.
Right to restriction of processing
In certain circumstances, you are entitled to ask us to (temporarily) stop using your Personal Data. For example, where you think that the Personal Data we hold about you may be inaccurate or where you think that we no longer need to use your Personal Data.
Right to object
You have the right to object to processing based on our legitimate interests. Unless we have a compelling legitimate ground for the processing, we will no longer process Personal Data on that basis when you file an objection. Note, however, that we may not be able to provide certain services or benefits if we are unable to process the necessary Personal Data for that purpose.
Rights relating to automated decision-making
You have the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effect for you or has a similar significant effect. If you have been subject to an automated decision and do not agree with the outcome, you can contact us using the details below and ask us to review the decision.
Right to withdraw consent
We may ask for your consent to process your Personal Data in specific cases. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. FedEx will stop the further processing as soon as possible after the withdrawal of your consent. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before consent was withdrawn.
Please use the contact details above if you would like to exercise any of your rights.
Questions or complaints regarding the processing of your Personal Data can be directed to FedEx by using the contact information as provided at the top of this Privacy Notice.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with local data protection authority in the jurisdiction where you work, where you live or where an alleged infringement takes place. A listing of the European Data Protection Authorities can be found here.
FedEx may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If an amendment will have a serious impact, FedEx will endeavor to actively inform you about such amendments. FedEx will publish an up-to-date Privacy Notice on the website www.fedex.com at all times, indicating the latest amendments.
Revised and effective: March 4, 2019