United Arab Emirates Prohibited and Restricted Items
FedEx Cross Border is unable to ship prohibited and non-approved restricted items on behalf of its customers.
FedEx Cross Border has prepared a global list of prohibited and restricted items that apply regardless of a shipment's destination. In addition to these global prohibitions and restrictions, individual countries or territories may impose further prohibitions or restrictions on the importation of certain items.
You can refer to the FedEx Cross Border global lists and the United Arab Emirates country-specific list to help determine whether or not your product is prohibited or restricted for shipment.
Country Specific List for United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates Import Prohibitions
- Communications equipment
- Compact discs
- Cotton seeds
- Drugs, Prescription and Non-Prescription
- Electronic items (watches, car-keys, etc.) with a camera and pens with a camera
- Films: 8mm, 16mm & 35mm
- Films: entertainment
- Films: promotional, training
- Forged and duplicate currency, bank notes, etc.
- Illicit drugs (hashish, cocaine, heroin, etc.)
- Irradiated food products
- Israel manufactured products
- Items that are offensive to Muslim culture
- Items that do not adhere to religious, morals or aims to cause corruption and disorder
- Laser disc
- Liquids, Haz and Non-Haz
- Magazines, periodicals, journals
- Medical samples
- Military equipment
- Radar Detectors
- Radar equipment
- Radio equipment
- Radios or parts thereof
- Satellite Receivers
- Synthetic Marijuana (K2 & K9)
- Tapes, computer
- Tapes, video cassettes
- Technically, statues of any kind are prohibited. However, the Customs Director can give special approval for the importation of statues. If you wish to import a statue you should write the Customs Director requesting permission to see if accommodations can be made.
- Telecommunications equipment
- Tobacco and Tobacco Leaves
- Used Tires
United Arab Emirates Import Restrictions
- Imports of alcohol and pork products are strictly regulated.
Contact the FedEx Cross Border Compliance Team
Please note that these lists are provided as a reference only. For any questions about prohibited and restricted items, email the FedEx Cross Border Compliance team.