Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
FedEx Cross Border has prepared a global list of prohibited and restricted items that apply regardless of a shipment's destination. In addition to these global prohibitions and restrictions, individual countries or territories may impose further prohibitions or restrictions on the importation of certain items.
You can refer to the FedEx Cross Border global lists and the Indonesia country-specific list to help determine whether or not your product is prohibited or restricted for shipment.
Country Specific List for Indonesia
Indonesia Import Prohibitions
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animal products
- Animal skins
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism
Books and printed materials that can disturb public order, includes unapproved books in Chinese and Indonesian language — packaging and product labels
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples
- Communications equipment
- Compact discs
- Computer software
- Cotton seeds
- Dangerous Goods as defined by IATA (Intl. Air Transport Association)
- Drugs, Prescription and Non-Prescription
- Explosive materials; firearms and ammunition; certain knives
- Fireworks of all types
- Grain samples
- Knives (limited to cutlery only)
- Liquid - any commodity in liquid form (exclude destination: JKTA, CGKA, CXPA, HLPA and BTHA)
- Liquor and Alcohol
- Medical/dental supplies & equipment
- Metals, Precious
- Mineral Products
- Mobile phones, cell phones, handheld or electronic device are allowed with maximum of 2 units and value is US$15 per shipment
- Parts, machine & electronic
- Personal effects
- Personal importation of cell phones, laptops, and tablet computer is prohibited
- Plants and Plant Products
- Precious Stones
- Products displaying Chinese characters
- Radar equipment
- Radio equipment
- Ship spares
- Tapes, video cassettes
- Telecommunications equipment
- Textile articles
- Tobacco/Tobacco Leaves/Cigarettes - 1. A Certificate of Health and Quarantine report is required from consignee. 2. 2 pieces of cigarettes or 1 gram of tobacco/leaves plus 2 pieces of cigarettes is the maximum amount allowed per shipment. 3. Prohibited for private individuals if exceeds the maximum limit.
Indonesia Import Restrictions
- Certain telecommunication devices and equipment; transceiver equipment, cordless phones and related devices; telecommunications imported without prior certification and marking approval
- Color copiers; photocopy machines, parts and equipment without prior authorization from the Department of Trade and Industry, Board of Money Forgery Coordination.
- Flora and Fauna as defined by the Department of Agriculture, Directorate General of Fisheries
- Materials (regardless of state) that are proven harmful to the health and welfare of humans, ecologically damaging, poisoning, carcinogenic, etc., without approval from the Directorate General of Medicines and Foods (POM)
- Ozone depleting substances are prohibited as well as devices that contain them; air conditioning units, compressors, refrigerators, etc.
- Pesticides; without prior approval from the Department of Agriculture. (Note: Pentachloro phenol and its salts, Dichlorodiphenyl trichloro ethane (DDT), Ethylene dibromide (EDB) are strictly controlled)
- Psychotropic Substances
- Recorded media that has not been approved for import by the Board of Film Censorship and the Attorney General
- Wastes (as defined under Government Law Rep. of Indonesia #12 /1995, Ecological law 23/199) are prohibited without prior approval or permit from the Department of Industry and Trade and BAPEDAL.
Contact the FedEx Cross Border Compliance Team
Please note that these lists are provided as a reference only. For any questions about prohibited and restricted items, email the FedEx Cross Border Compliance team.