Ecuador Prohibited and Restricted Items
FedEx Cross Border has prepared a global list of prohibited and restricted items that apply regardless of a shipment's destination. In addition to these global prohibitions and restrictions, individual countries or territories may impose further prohibitions or restrictions on the importation of certain items.
You can refer to the FedEx Cross Border global lists and the Ecuador country-specific list to help determine whether or not your product is prohibited or restricted for shipment.
Country Specific List for Ecuador
Ecuador Import Prohibitions
- Bearer Bonds
- Bearer Documents
- Cell Phones
- Chemicals, Haz and Non-Hazardous
- Dangerous Goods as defined by IATA (Intl. Air Transport Association)
- Drugs, Prescription and Non-Prescription
- Film, Developed
- Ice, Wet
- Liquids, Haz
- Liquor – even one bottle as sample is prohibited. Even if consignee has an import license. Package cannot be declared and will be returned or left in legal abandon.
- Liquor, Haz and Non-Haz
- Log and timber products from Liberia
- Old Tires
- Personal effects
- Plants and Plant Products
- Shipments containing Trade Advertising Material, Commercial Catalogs, and the like, regardless of value, quantity or weight. These include: Commercial Catalogs, Posters, Brochures, Advertising Leaflets, Banners, Commercial Flyers, Pamphlets and Placards. These requirements apply to commercial as well as personal shipments, gifts and items purchased through the internet.
- Soil samples
- Substances containing sodium/calc. cyclamate
- TV Decoders
- Used Merchandise
Ecuador Import Restrictions
Contact the FedEx Cross Border Compliance Team
Please note that these lists are provided as a reference only. For any questions about prohibited and restricted items, email the FedEx Cross Border Compliance team.