Belgium Prohibited and Restricted Items
FedEx Cross Border has prepared a global list of prohibited and restricted items that apply regardless of a shipment's destination. In addition to these global prohibitions and restrictions, individual countries or territories may impose further prohibitions or restrictions on the importation of certain items.
You can refer to the FedEx Cross Border global lists and the Belgium country-specific list to help determine whether or not your product is prohibited or restricted for shipment.
Country Specific List for Belgium
Belgium Import Prohibitions
- All licensed goods
- Counterfeit coins and bank notes
- Wine, grape juice, grape must, etc.
- All goods subject to phytosanitary controls (plants and vegetable products)
- Goods bearing false origin statements in any form
- Counterfeit or pirated goods
- Live animals and products of animal origin
- Foodstuff of animal origin
- Goods not meeting safety standards
- Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substance
- Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC)s and Halons
- Waste products
- All CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna) goods
- Furs of wild life animals
- River and sea fish
- Radioactive products
- Cigarettes (including Electronic Cigarettes with Nicotine) , cigars, Cigarillos
- Some agriculture products (CAP AGRIM)
- Some medicines & drugs (khat drug, etc.)
- Radar-and detection equipment for cars
- Goods infringing on a trademark
- Goods infringing on a copyright
- Unregistered pharmaceutical products
- Diamonds and diamond powder must be cleared at the Diamond Office in Antwerp. No exceptions.
- Goods that require import approval from the Ministry of Agriculture CANNOT be accepted for movement via FedEx International Priority service.
- All products containing the biocide dimethylfumarate (DMF)
- Tobacco Products under EXCISE regulations are prohibited and cannot be imported via FedEx however Tobacco Products WITHOUT EXCISE can be imported via FedEx.
- Gems, Gemstones, Carved Gems and Diamonds to Belgian individuals
- Jewelry (containing Precious stones, Platinum and/or Gold) used as body adornment with the exception of Precious Stones/Gemstones imported into Antwerp, postal code (2018). Watches are not included.
- Checks and other vouchers used as means of payment
Due to the risk of contamination with E. coli bacteria possibly linked to the recent outbreaks in Germany and France, the emergency measure prohibits with immediate effect the importation of seeds and beans from Egypt to all EU countries. The commodities are:
- Rocket sprouts
- Beetroot sprouts, radish sprouts
- Leguminous vegetables, shelled or unshelled, fresh or chilled
- Dried leguminous vegetables, shelled, whether or not skinned or split
- Soya bean sprouts
- Soya beans, whether or not broken
- Sugar beet seeds
- Lucerne (alfalfa) seeds
- Vegetable seeds
- Mustard seeds, for sowing
- Other mustard seeds
- Other oil seeds and oleaginous fruits, whether or not broken
Belgium Import Restrictions
Contact the FedEx Cross Border Compliance Team
Please note that these lists are provided as a reference only. For any questions about prohibited and restricted items, email the FedEx Cross Border Compliance team.