Where is FedEx Cross Border located?
What types of Personal Information do we collect?
You may visit some areas of our Sites without providing your Personal Information to us. We do collect Personal Information on password-protected and other areas of our Sites when you:
- Register for a FedEx Cross Border account;
- Use our parcel forwarding services;
- Process your United States Postal Service Form 1583 (Application for Delivery of Mail Through Agent);
- Purchase merchandise from one of our merchants;
- Participate in one of our promotions or surveys;
- Request customer or technical support; and/or
- Ask to have our representative contact you.
We collect the following types of Personal Information through these activities:
- Name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and other contact details;
- Username and password;
- Gender, date of birth, and demographic information;
- Product purchase history and interests;
- Driver's license or non-driver's government identification card;
- Armed forces, government, university, or recognized corporate identification card;
- Passport, alien registration card, or certification of naturalization;
- Home or vehicle registration card;
- Credit card and other payment information; or,
- Tax Identification Number
If you can't or choose not to provide us with the Personal Information we reasonably require, we may be unable to provide you with the information, goods, or services you have requested.
Do we advertise online?
We advertise in a number of ways, including online through managed social media presences, and on other unaffiliated sites and mobile applications, and offline through shipping centers, call centers, and direct marketing. To understand how our advertising campaigns are performing, we may collect certain information via our Sites through our advertising service providers. We or our vendors use several common online tracking tools to collect this information, such as browser and flash cookies, web beacons and other, similar technologies. The information we collect includes IP addresses, the number of page visits, pages viewed via our Sites, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time and across other websites following your visit to one of our Sites or applications, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the websites and applications where we advertise.
We also use certain information to:
- Present tailored ads, including banner ads and splash ads that appear as you log-in or off of your online accounts via our Sites;
- Identify new visitors to our Sites;
- Recognize returning visitors;
- Advertise on other websites and mobile applications not affiliated with us;
- Analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements;
- Better understand our audience, customers, or other Site visitors; and,
- Determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject all browser cookies. If you configure your computer to block all cookies, you may disrupt certain web page features and limit the functionality we can provide when you visit or use our Sites. If you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop. Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are still not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Controlling Online Interest-Based Ads
We sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful ads. This may include ads served on or through our Sites. This may also include ads served on other companies' websites. These ads may be based on information collected by us or third parties. For example, your postal code when you register for a website. This might be used to target an ad for people in your area. These ads may also be based on your activities on our Sites or on third party websites.
For more information about our ad service provider and its cookies, including information about how to opt out of these technologies, you may visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. In addition, users may prevent Google's collection of data generated by your use of the Sites (including your IP address) by downloading and installing a Browser Plugin available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Minors and Children under 13
Our Sites are not intended for minors. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly track the use of our Sites by minors.
How is your Personal Information used and shared?
We use and may disclose Personal Information to:
- Process an order placed by you and otherwise provide requested transactions;
- Confirm transactions to the merchant(s) from whom your product(s) originate;
- Respond to your questions about our product or services;
- Manage and administer our business;
- Send you marketing communications, including newsletters and emails, subject to your consent, if required by law, and you may also follow the instructions in each communication to opt-out of future communications, or update your marketing preferences in your online account here http://crossborder.fedex.com/company/unsubscribe.shtml;
- Comply with judicial orders, cooperate with customs or other law enforcement authorities, prevent any suspected illegal activities, or otherwise comply with applicable law; or
- Perform product development, administer our Sites, and otherwise perform other legitimate business activities.
Third Party Service Providers. We use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Those functions include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal or electronic mail, analyzing or hosting data on cloud-based servers, processing payments, providing customs brokerage services, or customer service/call center support. We may disclose your Personal Information to these companies and individuals performing services on our behalf.
For California consumers. Under California's "Shine the Light" law, California residents may opt-out of a company's disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for its direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by calling us at +1.203.683.4894. This opt-out request does not, however, prohibit disclosures made for other non-marketing purposes.
What kinds of security measures do we maintain to protect Personal Information?
We maintain reasonable technical, administrative, and physical controls to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. For example, the areas of our Sites that enable or require you to submit payment information online use encryption to protect such information. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods, although you should note that no security measures are ever perfect or impenetrable.
How can you access, update, or block your Personal Information?
We generally collect Personal Information voluntarily given to us by our visitors. You can contact us directly any time at the address below to update your Personal Information. You can also log-in to your FedEx Cross Border account, and use our online account resources to access your Personal Information or submit any updates or corrections to your contact information. If you wish to de-activate your account, you may do so by emailing FCBprivacy@ftn.fedex.com. Once you do so, your account will then be de-activated on a going forward basis, although certain personal data may still be retained to the extent necessary to complete any requested transactions or comply with applicable law.
For UK consumers: The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of up to £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Bongo International (d.b.a. FedEx Cross Border)
10040 18th St. N. Suite 6
St. Petersburg, FL 33716
For Australian consumers: If we fail to respond to your complaint within a reasonable period of receiving it in writing, or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner ("OAIC"). Details of how to contact the OAIC are located at www.oaic.gov.au.
Effective: March 22, 2016